Create a personal snow globe
Snow globes always bring memories of times gone by, of heartwarming holidays and favorite trips. We’ve taken that concept and put a touch of whimsy to it.
There are so many possibilities to the snow globe. Try putting in little souvenirs and start a collection of your own unique experiences, your very own story.
Snow globe materials:
Round glass vase
Fake miniature pine tree, pumpkins (find them at the nearest department store or bookstore)
Pieces of fake pine branches from an old wreath
Tree ornaments (Christmas balls, pinecones, etc.)
Fake snow (also available at the nearest department store or bookstore)
1. Cut the foam to the size and width that will fit in the vase and to fit in the tree.
2. Glue in place using glue gun.
3. Position your ornaments and glue them in place.
4. Push in the tiny pine tree pieces to look like shrubs.
5. Place miniature pumpkins at the bottom of shrubs.
6. Place Christmas balls on the shrubs.
7. Sprinkle fake snow around the foam.
8. Place the glass vase upside down like a dome over your vignette.
9. Sprinkle snow and moss outside the dome and around the tray.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.