From Korea and Central Perk with love
1 “Final Fantasy XR” is a Universal Studios Japan attraction will be open from January until June 2018. It’s a virtual reality ride featuring Cloud and Sephiroth. It doesn’t really sound like much, but where else can you geek about “Harry Potter” and “Final Fantasy” in a single theme park? I don’t know about you, but I’ll take any excuse to book a flight to Japan!
- Must simply compliment Adam J. Kurtz with “at least you’re cool on the internet” when the New York-based artist visits Manila. Adam tells Super he’s “really excited about this, people online have been telling me to come for years!” He’s due for a book signing at National Book Store Glorietta on Feb. 2 and will be a speaker at Graphika Manila. This guy’s got the cutest 4P’s, ever: planners, patches, pins and postcards!
- Another must is witnessing the royal wedding of Prince Harry and Megan Markle in May, while taking note of all the interesting hats, of course.
- SHINee turns 10 in May, too! The South Korean boy group will be celebrating a decade in the music industry and it’s a feat all Shawols would like to celebrate. With the recent death of frontman Jonghyun, the anniversary will also be a good time to reminisce SHINee’s achievements and fond memories.
- DEAN’s new music will be all about himself and music he himself would enjoy listening to, regardless of critiques. In a previous interview with Super, the Korean R&B artist revealed he will be having at least 10 new songs in his 2018 album— that’s a full-length album we can’t wait to hear!
- Latest single “Hold Me Tight or Don’t” suggests Fall Out Boy experimented with their sound once again for their “Mania” album, which drops on Jan. 19. Arctic Monkeys also swore they would come out with a new album this 2018. I’m itching for new late night playlist favorites from the band.
- LAUV’s live performances of “I Like Me Better,” “Reforget” and “The Other” (the stripped version, please!) as he headlines this year’s Wanderland will be amazing to watch! LANY’s also having a two-night concert in Manila to look forward to.
- My top films this year are Wes Anderson’s “Isle of Dogs,” the greatest superhero film culmination that is “The Avengers Infinity War,” and book adaptation “Everyday.”
- Most of us already committed 98 hours of 2018 to rewatching “Friends” when it was finally included in Netflix’s library and that’s not the only thing on my list. This 2018, “Brooklyn Nine-Nine” will take care of our January sitcom needs. “Narcos” also cracks down new territory, Mexico, and introduces a new top agent played by Diego Luna. We’re expecting another accurate adaptation of “A Series of Unfortunate Events” that’s set in Austere Academy, too. By the end of the year, the new lead royals of “The Crown” will finally be revealed (but honestly, I just hope there will be more corgi scenes)!
- On the K-drama scene, series “Four Sons,” “Mother” and “Are You Human Too?” seem very promising.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.