We love Lauv
Lauv gained considerable attention when he released the single “The Other” in 2014, and increased popularity with “I Like Me Better” in 2017.
The 23-year-old artist’s songs are easy on the ears. Here are more things to love about Lauv.
- He wears his heart on his sleeve songs.
“My songs are how I was at a certain time,” he told Inquirer Super. “(My music) has to be about my life. It has to be real.”
- Lauv’s greatest musical influences include Coldplay, John Mayer, and Paul Simon. He loves Taking Back Sunday, too.
- It’s important for him to connect with fans not just through social media, but during performances as well.
“I get messages with fans explaining to me about a breakup they’re going through and they say my music is helping them deal with it in the same way that becoming Lauv and releasing this music has freed me.”
- Lauv is as real as one can get.
“I’ve learned to accept myself the way I am. “What’s important to me is really being genuine,” he said.
- He loves sisig, bagoong rice, and aligue. He tried them during a visit to Manila last November.
- He’s coming back!
Lauv will be returning to Manila as one of the foreign acts to perform in this year’s Wanderland Music & Arts Festival.
Tickets are available at http://wanderlandfestival.com.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.