Ham and cheese sandwich, cheesy bacon ‘n’ eggs wrap–easy ‘baon’ recipes
Gardenia, the bread brand known for its delicious taste, freshness, softness, freshly baked aroma and nutritive value, helps parents and kids start the school year right with bread treats every kid will surely love and be proud to bring to school.
With Gardenia, mothers can make creative recipes. Add a little more surprise—try a ripe banana or a sweet and crunchy apple—for a fun and complete nutritious meal that will not only make kids more at ease at school, but will also keep them excited for the next day.
Gardenia Ham and Cheez Surprise
4 slices Gardenia Classic White Bread
2 sachets Kraft Cheez Whiz Original 15g
4 tbsp crushed pineapple
2 pcs ham
2 leaves lettuce
1. Spread crushed pineapple on one side of Gardenia Classic White Bread
2. Place lettuce and ham on top
3. Drizzle Cheez Whiz Original, then top with a slice of Gardenia Classic White Bread
Makes 2 Gardenia Ham and Cheez Surprise Sandwiches.
Gardenia Cheezy Bacon ‘N’ Eggs Wrap
2 slices Gardenia Classic White Bread
2 sachets Kraft Cheez Whiz Pimiento 15g
2 strips bacon
2 leaves lettuce
¼ cup diced tomatoes
¼ cup shredded cucumber
1. Cook scrambled egg
2. Mix in Cheez Whiz Pimiento
3. Place lettuce on a slice of Gardenia Classic White Bread
4. Top with scrambled egg, bacon, shredded cucumber and diced tomatoes
5. Drizzle with Cheez Whiz Pimiento
6. Roll sandwich and wrap in napkin
Makes 2 Gardenia Cheezy Bacon ‘N’ Eggs Wrap
Gardenia Cheezy Hotdog Pocket Pies
1 Gardenia Classic White Bread 400g
6 sachets Kraft Cheez Whiz Original 15g
6 pcs hotdog regular, sliced diagonally
1/3 cup carrots, chopped into cubes
1/3 cup celery, chopped
2 tbsp butter
1. Heat pan. Sauté diced carrots in butter
2. Add sliced hotdogs, stir until cooked
3. Add celery then pepper to taste
4. Remove crust of Gardenia Classic White Bread, then flatten using a rolling pin
5. Place hotdog filling on top of bread, then drizzle Kraft Cheez Whiz Original
6. Seal sides of bread using fork
Makes 11 Gardenia Cheezy Hotdog Pocket Pies.
Visit www.gardenia.com.ph for more recipes.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.