Seven weather-proof fashion essentials
More News from Philippine Daily Inquirer
The autumn collection of Kashieca offers just about every essential to help one build and expand her wardrobe, from snug knits and wovens to full skirts and flowing bottoms.
Autumn 2012 is all about mixing and matching. Bea Alonzo is back in front of the camera as Kashieca’s favorite muse. Shot by photographer Mark Nicdao, the concept focused on the idea of a “workshop,” a place where something extraordinary is created out of the seemingly ordinary.
Bea looks stunning with fresh and radiant makeup and flowing locks by Jigs Mayuga and Bren Sales, respectively, photographed against warm wood and textured walls. Stylist LA Consing Lopez put together seven distinct looks with seven key pieces every girl should own.
1. Modern cullotes. This unique pant leg silhouette can go with one’s favorite flats or a pair of wicked knee-high boots.
2. Minidress. If last season was all about floral frocks, this time Kashieca’s dresses go for a more retro, boarding-school vibe. This mini polka-dot dress in a handsome navy hue is sexy and demure all at once. A low neckline is balanced by the quarter sleeves. Wear it with wedge sandals, or with tights when the weather gets a little wet.
3. The Sabrina sweater. Wear it classic a la Audrey Hepburn with a Sabrina/boat neckline on the collarbone, or go daring and convert it into an off-shoulder tip. Pair with pleated miniskirt when feeling flirty, or with tailored trousers for a formal look.
4. Jersey full skirt. Let this striking full skirt with its two-tone color detail take you from day to night. The rich and warm mocha tone is nicely bordered and blocked by a black thick backing hem detail.
5. Beaded tank. Pair pants with a top with more than just a great cut, but also a little sparkle. This tank in dark midnight blue commands attention with its beads and embroidery.
6. Lightweight jacket. When the weather starts to cool and the rainy season rolls in, invest in a chic yet practical jacket like this unlined linen zipper jacket from Kashieca, which can be worn both for the office and a night-out.
7. The geometric knit. This ’60s-inspired retro top is so visually striking, it practically makes the outfit. Partly athletic and slightly Mod-inspired, it’s best worn with pleated miniskirt or one’s fave Kashieca skinny trousers.
Get Inquirer updates while on the go, add us on these apps:
Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of INQUIRER.net. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.
To subscribe to the Philippine Daily Inquirer newspaper in the Philippines, call +63 2 896-6000 for Metro Manila and Metro Cebu or email your subscription request here.
Factual errors? Contact the Philippine Daily Inquirer's day desk. Believe this article violates journalistic ethics? Contact the Inquirer's Reader's Advocate. Or write The Readers' Advocate:
c/o Philippine Daily Inquirer Chino Roces Avenue corner Yague and Mascardo Streets, Makati City,Metro Manila, Philippines Or fax nos. +63 2 8974793 to 94