Merry but cheap pine décor for a merry ChristmasBy Anton Barretto, Marissa Lopa |Philippine Daily Inquirer
Pine is a favorite representation of Christmas. A festive arrangement can set you back by some pesos, however. Here’s a simple way to make your own pine décor using simple materials you may not realize you have.
You will need:
- Floral foam (for dried arrangement)
- Old newspaper
- Glue gun
- Vase (or big paint can painted in gold or silver or covered in fabric or paper)
- Assortment of pine stems (this can be parts from an old Christmas tree or from an old arrangement)
- Faux berries or pine cones
- Optional: Christmas balls
Take your vase or decorated can and measure your floral foam to fit. Stuff bottom of vase or can with crumpled newspaper to about halfway the height of your container. Cut your pine pieces so that their height exposed measures half the container’s. Start putting in the pine pieces in a dense arrangement. Arrange in the pine cones and berries in between the pine needles filling in any gaps. Tip: To brighten it up, add Christmas balls.