A woman’s beauty routine depends on her role in life. Quick and easy regimens, for example, are usually for busy mothers, while potent eye products are for corporate women.
I go to work made up and usually in high heels. But when I take a break, I find my wardrobe morphing to gym clothes. And when I get real busy for weeks at a time, I don’t pay much attention to my skin.
Some women pile on makeup but don’t take care of their skin, which is not a good thing. Stay-at-home moms get lazy to dress up and look appropriate. There should be a middle ground, both in fashion and beauty.
Clarins contouring serum
People with hectic work schedules don’t always eat healthy. Having fast-food lunches mean you are not in control of your sugar and salt intake, which induces bloating.
Clarins Shaping Facial Lift, with its Total V contouring serum technology, promises women a perfect 3V contour with a slimmer face, refined cheeks and lifted jawline.
The product’s three key features are anti-fat, anti-fluid and anti-sugar.
Guarana extract, which is naturally high in caffeine, was chosen specifically to target adipocytes (lipocytes and fat cells) of the face and encourage the release of excess fats.
The anti-fluid action is from the zerumbet ginger extract, which encourages circulation and helps reduce puffiness.
The kaki extract preserves tightness and prevents slackness, keeping the face shape refined.
Just three pumps of Clarins Shaping Facial Lift every morning and evening will save the skin from its natural tendency to sag and bloat due to bad diet.
I think this product is a must-have. I have seen too many women with sagging skin to realize that prevention is key to looking youthful. You can use it on your face in the morning before any SPF or makeup.
When it comes to footwear for stay-at-home moms, sneakers and flip-flops are great but comfort shouldn’t always bypass fashion.
Dune is a London-based accessory line that caters to working men and women with an eye for fashion. Moms or women who love comfortable shoes should check out the brand because it has stylish flats that will make a white tee and a pair of jeans look updated.
An example of the all-around mother slash career woman is Julie Boschi, director for sales and marketing at Shangri-La Bonifacio Global City. Here are her must-haves:
1. Crème de La Mer moisturizing cream and La Mer moisturizing soft cream—“I use the soft cream when I’m in Manila and in other warm countries, and shift to the richer original moisturizing cream when in cold countries and on an airplane.”
2. La Mer eye concentrate—for fighting bravely and valiantly a losing battle.
3. Pond’s Cold Cream—Old-fashioned or not, this is the only thing that can make my face feel thoroughly free of makeup. Its price allows me to slather it on and it always brings back the memory of my grandmother who always had a jar of it on her vanity table.
4. L’institut of Cliniceuticals Physical Shield Blemish Cover with UVB/UVA protection— Recommended by my dermatologist, whom I see once a year, when she noticed pigmentation on my cheeks after giving birth two years ago. I use it both as my sunblock and foundation.
5. Heliocare Oral sunblock capsules—Recommended again by the dermatologist and makes sense for those who are constantly under the sun.
6. Nars Cruella Velvet Matte lip pencil and Mac Ruby Woo—This is the year of strong red lips for me regardless of fashion trends. I used to just put on lip gloss, but these colors on my lips make me happy.
7. Shu Uemura eyelash curler, Mac False Lashes Mascara in Extreme Black and any eyebrow powder—This team really brightens my face and enlarges my eyes, even if I don’t put anything else.
8. Saint Laurent Classic Janis and Paris pumps in red and nude—Elegant and sexy, perfect for work and cocktails
9. Classic bags—I’m forever a Chanel girl because of its quality and undeniable beauty and impact. I interchange them with my workhorse croc tote from Joanna Preysler.
10. Linda Farrow shades—The vintage designs are my favorite accessories, both to protect my eyes from strong sunlight and to mask dark under-eye circles and eye bags.