Newspaper nail art is a fun and easy way of dressing up a regular manicure. There are no special skills required and it will only take a few minutes to do.
* base and top coat
* nail polish
* a small dish
* cotton buds
* newspaper clippings
Cut out portions from the newspaper appropriate to the size of your nails and set aside.
2. Polish your nails. A light color is highly recommended to get optimum results. Use a base coat to protect your natural nails. Wait until polish is completely dry.
3. Soak your nail in alcohol using a small container for a few seconds.
4. Align the newspaper clipping on the nail.
5. Press the newspaper firmly on the nail. Be careful not to shift the position of the paper as you continue to press it down all around the nail. Do this for approximately half a minute.
6. Gently peel away the newspaper and remove any stains that got on to your skin with a cotton bud soaked in alcohol.
7. Apply your favorite top coat to seal the design.
1. Apply lotion on the surrounding area of each nail before soaking it in alcohol. This will make it easier to remove newspaper stains.
2. The newspaper should always be wet with alcohol during the entire process. Since alcohol dries fast, dab a few drops when necessary as you press the paper on the nail. DO NOT peel off a dry newspaper because it will leave residues.
3. The fingers you will use for pressing will have newspaper stains. One way to avoid this is to use a small towel when you are weighing down the paper on your nail. Just remember to soak it with alcohol to keep the newspaper under it damp at all times. In this instance, applying lotion will be ineffective since these fingers will have a longer exposure to alcohol.
4. Use pictures to put a twist to your newspaper nail art. The comics section is a good option.
For more nail art and tutorials, visit www.rina-alcantara.com and Rina’s YouTube channel