It has been said over and over again that the skin is the canvas to makeup. Without good skin, no makeup look will work. After all, cosmetic is merely there to enhance natural beauty.
The foundational makeup product is the foundation. Becca was born from the simple desire to find the perfect foundation by makeup artist Rebecca Morrice Williams. Becca will give the perfect texture to your skin, regardless of your age, skin tone and skin type.
I had the pleasure of meeting Steven Schapera, Becca’s CEO. I was very impressed by his knowledge of makeup and his passion for Becca. Here are his insights triggered by my questions:
Top three makeup sins?
1. The biggest makeup mistake is wearing the wrong color foundation. With Becca foundation, you will never be caught with the wrong shade, since we have a wide range.
2. People think cream-based products are not suitable for the climate. This is false. Becca makeup is developed in such a way that makeup won’t slip and slide. The beauty with creams is it has a glowing with natural-health finish, which is how a person who is alive is supposed to look. Dead skin looks powdery.
3. Not wearing foundation at all. It is moisturizer, sunscreen and foundation all rolled into one.
What is modern makeup?
Modern makeup is one or the other. Either you focus on your lips or eyes. It is important for women to discover what their product is. When you visit the Becca counter, you find out the latest trends from fashion week. The Becca team has been the same team from the beginning. They have gone through extensive training and will help you discover the look that works on you.
Top Becca must-haves?
1. Becca concealer has great coverage and lasts forever.
2. Luminous Skin Color. It has vitamins A, B, D, and avocado oil which mimics the skin’s natural oil. Plus SPF.
3. Mascara. Our mascara is unlike any other technology. It builds a straw on every strand, so it lengthens and thickens at the same time. It is waterproof but at the same time easily removed when washed.
For the younger set, our beach tint, cream eye color and gloss.
My own experience
Whenever I see its campaigns I think to myself, that’s exactly how I want to look. The good thing about Becca is it’s easy to replicate its looks because it does have excellent products. Personally, I think it’s all that we need to achieve luminous skin and look fresh.
I’ve been using Becca’s beach tint for three years and it has given me that natural-looking youthful-fresh glow. I also like how light and easy it is to apply their foundation and how it seems to make my skin achieve just the right amount of dew, which makes it look healthy and glowing, not oily.
For quite some time I’ve been wondering how some models in magazines get this look. Fortunately for me, Becca does the trick. In truth, when you check my kikay kit, I have more than a dozen brands, but I am very satisfied with Becca.
I was happy to have been able to speak with Steven to remind myself it is time to try new products once again.
I was so happy with Becca’s new eye shadow that I dragged a girl friend of mine back to Adora to purchase my first ever Becca mineral powder.
The makeup junkie that I am, I’ve been using it every day since, and actually want to buy one more to keep in stock just in case it runs out.
I remember Steven saying, “Becca always refers to the fresh, modern woman, someone who is beautiful and looks effortless. A modern woman looks healthy, having just the right sun-kissed look without going under the sun. Becca tries to mimic that with our mineral powder, which has a plum, not orange, undertone. The latter usually leaves people looking orange, not a healthy glow.”
I guess that’s why I went back for it. I think everyone needs to have one. Or at least go to Becca’s counter and discover what makeup suits one’s looks.