How to survive the Travel Tour Expo starting Friday
The Philippine Travel Agencies Association’s Travel Tour Expo 2015 runs Feb. 13-15 at the SMX Convention Center in the Mall of Asia complex, Pasay City.
Mounted with the Department of Tourism-Tourism Promotions Board, Citibank, Philippine Airlines, Smart, Villa Medica and Asiamiles, it offers great discounts from over 800 booths of airlines, travel and tour agencies, hotels and resorts, government tourism boards, entertainment destinations and theme parks, cruise liners, travel insurance companies, and medical tourism destinations.
It’s easy to get overwhelmed going around the exhibit area. Here are tips on how to grab the best deals:
- Come early. The best deals usually are on a first-come-first-booked basis.
- Bring a photocopy of your passport to facilitate booking. Travel agencies and airline companies check the validity of passports before booking.
- Be organized. With so many deals, it’s easy to get confused. Jot down deals in each booth, browse, compare and choose which one is best for you.
- Come with family and friends. Arrange to split up in checking out booths. You can do this in booking with a booth with multiple counters. Line up at different counters, and whoever gets to the front first can book the tickets.
- Ask about special deals with your credit card. It pays to know your perks as a credit card holder.
- Write down the routes and travel dates you want to book so that you can keep your focus on what deals to look for.
Tickets are priced at P60 for regular exhibit-goers and P30 for senior citizens. For more information, e-mail the Travel Tour Expo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.