Young Blood 5, the fifth compilation of the best essays published in Inquirer’s Young Blood column, is now available in bookstores and Inquirer Books is celebrating the release at Powerbooks Greenbelt on May 30. The event, which starts at 5 p.m., is open to the public.
Here are five things you can do at the Young Blood 5 launch:
1. Buy the book and have it signed. Having your copy of Young Blood 5 autographed is a little tricky (and a lot of fun), given the number of authors who will be present at the event.
2. Meet the authors and listen to some of them read their essays. You’ll know you’ve spotted a Young Blood 5 author when you see the pin they’re wearing.
3. Write on our Post-It Wall, which was inspired by Aimee Mesiona’s “List Before You Leap” (page 7). Grab a highlighter too and channel Rafael Lorenzo G. Conejos who wrote about his highlighter addiction in “Addict” (page 85).
4. Eat! Some of the food that will be served were taken straight out of the pages of Young Blood 5. There will be goto (“Different Bowl of Goto” by Carlo Bonn Felix D. Hornilla, page 163) and McDonald’s burgers (“Generation Y” by Rachelle Bascara, page 64; “Apartment 5B” by Joseph Oraño, page 71) along with other treats. There will be cotton candy animals too! (There are no cotton candy animals in the book but who doesn’t love cotton candy animals?)
5. Use the hashtag #youngblood5, stop by our Instagram booth and get souvenir photos from the event.