As the long weekend starts today being a holiday, I think of some travel essentials that are practical yet stylish.
If you tend to bring the same “basics” for comfort, it is high time to spruce up your look.
1) Kiini swimsuits are not just visually appealing, more importantly they hold up everything in the right place. The cut is perfect, it gives the illusion of a fuller butt. Handmade crochet, elastic and high-tech fabric are used; there are no clasps or buttons so it’s safe to jump in the pool without worrying the swimsuit will slip.
2) Antonello is a luxury, eco-friendly handbag designed in London and handwoven in Sardinia. It is made from organic sheep wool using traditional techniques in a factory fully managed by women. (For inquiries e-mail [email protected])
3) Shoe brand Superga first came out in 1911 in Torino, Italy, when Walter Martiny started production of the rubber-sole footwear. In 1925 Superga launched the 2750 model, shoes with vulcanized rubber soles. In 1934 the brand diversified with new collections for sports and daily wear. White sneakers are today’s trend, but Superga is a classic. (Available in Rustan’s)
4) Whether going to a cold or warm place, the skin needs protection from the sun’s harmful rays. Sisley offers a line of high-performing skincare products. Featuring a fluid, non-greasy texture, they are quickly absorbed by the skin, ensuring a pleasant application, optimized sun protection, and long-lasting hydration. It is also small enough to fit in a pouch, there is no excuse not to have one. (Available at Rustan’s)
5) Eyewear brand Linda Farrow first came out in 1970 and became a hit among stylish Londoners and the international jet set. It pioneered new shapes and styles while never losing its fundamental value: to create innovative products at a luxury level. Currently it collaborates with such designers as Dries Van Noten, Oscar de la Renta, The Row, Matthew Williamson, Kris van Assche, among others.
Its unprecedented range of vintage sunglasses includes 2,000 original designs from the ’70s and ’80s, with uncompromisingly luxurious 18-karat and luxe lines. (Available at City of Dreams Manila)
6) An Hermes parasol is the ultimate travel accessory that keeps your skin protected while enhancing your outfit. This is definitely on top of my list of new items I would love to have. (Available at Hermes)
7) Butter London All Hail the Queen is a shade that matches any skin tone and outfit. (Available at Rustan’s)
8) Acne Studios’ camp satin black cap is chic and can easily turn a bad hair day around once it’s sitting pretty on the head. (Available at polyvore.com)
9) Chanel’s blush in Joues Contraste 260 Alezane (limited edition) is a shade that gives the right amount of glow without too much shine. This is preferable instead of my usual matte shade because I can do without any makeup. (Available at Rustan’s)
10) Tigerlily’s multiway sarong can be used as a top or bottom cover; its ethnic print is so now, definitely a must-have. (tigerlilyswimwear.com.au)