We spent Christmas in Tahoe, since the kids wanted to see snow. I thoroughly enjoyed it, but my skin was going crazy!
But the products I brought along made me happy.
Over lunch with friends, I said I finally found an eye cream I can confidently recommend. For a long time, whenever people asked me what eye cream to buy, I could not really give them a straight answer.
Well, now, I can. Here are 10 products that held up, even in the cold.
1) La Mer Illuminating Eye Cream. I appreciate that it is a pump, so the product doesn’t get exposed to dirt when using it. My undereye looked rested considering the jet lag, and radiant even when I feared the effects of the weather. The Miracle Broth jump-starts the skin’s natural renewal process; antioxidants within the Awakening Ferment help protect against the aging effects of the environment, fatigue and stress; and the Illuminating Ferment promotes a luminous new look. Eyes look youthful, energized and awakened.
Available at Rustan’s
2) EOS Hand Lotion. It has shea butter and a mild scent. It saved my hands from frostbite, plus the packaging is cute and handy. I actually leave one in each bag.
Available on Zalora.com.ph and Lazada.com.ph.
3) Shiseido Future Solution LX Replenishing Treatment Oil. It seemed like the smart choice since the bottle said it was for the face, hands and body. I used it every day because I forgot to bring my moisturizer. We were off for a month, and I figured I would just buy one abroad. I ended up using whatever lotion I could get my hands on and mixing it with this oil. It nourished my skin. I will have to buy one soon as I’m quite addicted now.
Available at Rustan’s.
4) Davines OI Absolute Beautifying Potion. No need for shampoo or conditioner because I brought this with me. And if you mix a dollop of Davines oil with your conditioner, it turns into a deep conditioner—softening your hair, making it shiny, which I needed not only due to the weather was harsh, but because my hair is colored.
Available at Emphasis Salon
5) Eva Dry Shampoo. I didn’t shampoo every day, but this one saved my hair. Eva NYC Freshen Up Dry Shampoo keeps hair fresh one day longer without washing. The expert formula instantly revives dull and lifeless hair by removing excess oil and odor, leaving it clean, stylish and smooth.
Available at Beauty Bar.
6) Kiehl’s Rare Earth Deep Pore Daily Cleanser. In cold weather, you have to exfoliate even more. It softens skin and reduces enlarged pores. Formulated with Amazonian white clay and diatomaceous earth particles to gently remove oil, dirt and toxins that clog pores, it also helps your skin absorb other products better.
7) Origins Modern Friction For the Body. This product removes rough, dry patches, and is a rejuvenating buffing paste.
Available in SM.
8) Bioderma Sensibio. The first dermatological micellar water is compatible with the skin. Its fatty acid esters, the constituent elements of micelles, are similar to the phospholipids of the skin cell membrane, and naturally help rebuild the skin’s hydrolipidic film. I use it everyday to cleanse my face.
Available in PCX.
9) Sally Hansen Cuticle Rehab. My cuticles where so dry, it was a good thing I brought this with me. It keeps the cuticles looking healthy, and the dry skin on the side of my nails was healed after a couple of days.
Available in SM
10) Clarins UV Plus SPF 50. My mom told me to bring SPF and to use it every day, even when it was overcast. Formulated with Clarins’ exclusive Anti-Pollution Complex, this lightweight, oil-free day screen shields skin from UVA/UVB rays, pollution and free radical damage. It forms an invisible shield that protects skin from dark spots and future aging.