New beauty queens were crowned Sunday night at the Bb Pilipinas 2017 pageant, giving fans a glimpse of the women who would be representing the country in different international beauty competitions this year.
The much awaited coronation night was hosted by Miss Universe 2015 Pia Wurtzbach, Miss Universe 2010 4th runner-up Venus Raj, and actor Xian Lim and was held at the Smart Araneta Coliseum.
Out of forty contestants, six of them received the most coveted titles of the pageant, namely:
- Miss Universe Philippines 2017: #19 Rachel Peters
- Bb Pilipinas International 2017: #15 Mariel de Leon
- Bb Pilipinas Intercontinental 2017: #31 Katarina Rodriguez
- Bb Pilipinas Globe 2017: #18 Nelda Ibe
- Bb Pilipinas Grand International 2017: #39 Elizabeth Durado Clenci
- Bb Pilipinas Supranational 2017: #22 Chanel Olive Thomas
The evening was kicked off with an opening number from the ladies, wearing dresses made by Bing Cristobal, with their bright smiles and graceful moves.
The contestants also strutted their stuff in the swimsuit portion of the pageant.
The country’s beauty queens who won last year took their farewell walk before they passed on their crowns to their successors.