The Super guide to the Klook Travel Fest
Everyone deserves a vacation—even during inflation. Today, Sept. 30, is the last day of the Klook Travel Fest. Go to SMX Convention Center in SM Aura and score budget-friendly deals on flights, accommodations and activities.
Launched in 2014, the Klook booking platform initially serviced popular destinations such as Tokyo, Seoul and Bangkok. It has since expanded to cities in Europe such as Paris and London, even Reykjavík in Iceland.
The latest Klook-serviced area is Boston in the United States, Klook Southeast Asia marketing head Marcus Yong said during the recent press launch at Romulo Café in Makati.
“Klook is all about convenient and simplified travel bookings,” Klook market lead for the Philippines Michelle Cruz said. “The first mobile-led travel fair will bring together reliable local and regional partners.”
Klook is the traveler’s “digital assistant.” It lets one book pocket Wi-Fi and transport tickets to be picked up from the airport. It gives options on full-on tourist activities, and new ones for frequent travelers. It lists heritage restaurants and unique food tours—all confirmed through QR codes and e-vouchers.
Super lists everything you need to know about the Klook Travel Fest before you go.
- Free entrance. Download the app to get the free voucher, which also serves as a raffle ticket—but you have to be there to claim the prize.
Skyscanner will be giving away P120,000 worth of round-trip tickets for two to any chosen destination. Other prizes: Jetstar tickets to Osaka; Cebu Pacific tickets to Macau, Kuala Lumpur, Siem Reap and Jakarta.
Five fair goers will also win P10,000 Klook credits each.
- Theme park tickets
Sept. 30 ticket promos:
Buy one, get one—Singapore Zoo
Buy two, get one—Everland Seoul
Buy three, get one—Hong Kong Disneyland and Gardens By The Bay
Resorts World Sentosa, Taipei Fun Pass, Big Bus Tours, Madame Tussauds, Legoland Malaysia, Skytrek Adventures, Sanrio Odakyu and Dessert Museum will also offer deals.
- Flight discounts, dream tours. EVA Air, China Airlines, Cathay Pacific and Emirates will offer flights to Europe; Cebu Pacific and Jetstar will have exclusive rates to Asian countries.
The tourism boards of Thailand, Singapore and Korea will also be there for inquiries.
- Hotel hustle. Check out the Agoda booth for room options.
- Cash optional. Take note of the payment partners at the Klook Travel Fest: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Paypal, Google Pay, Apple Pay and Alipay.
GetGo Peso + Prepaid Card holders will also get onsite perks.
Noncredit card holders or those who are queasy about data security can pay cash later via Dragonpay centers.
Tip: On the app, use the promo code <KLKGETSLIT> to get 8-percent off all Klook activities (maximum discount of P500) until Sept. 30.
- Fun performances. Celebrities Alex Gonzaga and Luis Manzano will be launched as Klook travel buddies.
Mayonnaise, Dane Hipolito, IV of Spades, Reese Lansangan, Sud, Autotelic will also play live.
- Travel workshops. DJs Andi Manzano, Delamar Arias and Riki Flores-Reyes will tackle “Traveling with Kids.” Janina Manipol will mentor on “Mastering Creative Night Photography.” Our Awesome Planet’s Anton Diaz will show how to “Eat Your Way Through Taiwan.” Sam Oh, Issa Pressman and The Pinay Solo Backpacker will exhibit the power of the #StrongIndependentTraveler.
Ana Gonzales will be “Exploring K-Drama Locations,” to be followed by Colleen Vidal, the “Full Time Corporate Employee, Part Time Traveler.”
Wil Dasovich and Jako de Leon will close the workshops with the inspirational talk “Occupation: Traveler.”
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.