Post-Chinese New Year parties stretch out through the week while Valentine’s Day is practically nipping at its heels.
So why not merge Lady Luck and Cupid into a fun celebration with red paper “fortune cookies” that spell out romantic words?
Put them in a large bowl for guests to pick up as they sit down to dinner, and share their “fortunes” by reading them out loud.
You will need:
Red decorative paper, like cartolina or stock paper available at National Book Store or stationery stores
Any 4- to 5-inch circle to trace or a round cutter, if you have one
White paper strip to write the romantic words
1. Using the pencil, trace the circle on the decorative paper.
2. Cut the round shape out and place the strip of white paper at the center.
3. Fold one end first toward the middle and do the same with the other side, covering the strip of paper.
4. Find the halfway mark and carefully fold it outward, leaving the folds outside. The edges should not be sharply creased, like real fortune cookies.
5. Keep the sides together by applying some glue at the center of the fold.