Tippy (31) and Anthony Go (32), the husband-and-wife team behind Tipsy (@googlygooeys) and Ponggo (@ponggo_googlygooeys) of the Googly Gooeys. Tippy is a business development manager by day, and a cartoonist and graphic designer by night. Anthony is a businessman and photographer.
Instagram user since:
Tipsy: 86 weeks ago
Ponggo: March 2013
Why they took the plunge:
Tipsy: It looked like a fun & speedy way of playing with a lomo camera, so I signed up!
Ponggo: Tipsy forced me to. Haha!
Gadgets of choice:
Tipsy: iPhone 4 and Canon 7D
Ponggo: iPhone 4 and Canon 5D
What you’ll see on their feed:
Tipsy: A mix of comics, current commissions, travel photos and some let’s-pretend-I’m-a-prop-stylist personal projects.
Ponggo: A mix of our travels, food and whatever’s interesting.
Favorite Instagram subjects:
Tipsy: Stuff that I can play with and shoot—mostly colorful paper and stuff I can find around the house.
Ponggo: Outdoor scenery.
Tipsy: 1977 and Valencia were my go-to filters. When I finally got tired of it, I had an over-saturated Hefe phase.
Ponggo: No filter! I love the natural feel of things. I barely use one unless absolutely necessary, e.g. a badly-lit photo.
Favorite Instagram-related apps:
Tipsy: Luminance and iContrast. I’m grateful for PicStitch because I used to do the collages manually!
Ponggo: Snapseed to enhance photos.
Instagram video—yes or no?
Tipsy: I have only uploaded one video so far and I like the idea of it. I wish there was some sort of remote trigger to reduce the shaking. I’m not gifted with steady hands.
Ponggo: Yes! It makes it a bit more fun and challenging.
Instagram pet peeves?
Tipsy: Adulterated hashtags. Check out #food and #architecture where there are more photos of people than dishes and buildings—a true testament that this is, indeed, the selfie generation!
Ponggo: People who simply flip images to create a new entry or those who photograph the same thing x number of times and moving only a few steps to change the perspective. Also people who post pictures that they edited but the photos were from someone else!
Their five favorite Instagram users:
1. @oraclefoxblog – Healthy food and edgy fashion.
2. @amerrymishap – What life would look like in black and white—literally!
3. @luisabrimble – Hearty lunches and what looks like backyard finds. I wish I lived in her photos!
4. @garypeppergirl – I can’t seem to get enough of Nicole’s recent trips to Provence and Cinqueterre!
5. @teaandkate – Soft pastel colors + a generous amount of daylight!
1. @googlygooeys – I’ll get killed if I don’t put it here. Haha!
2. @cerebroxmini – Interesting cartoon art
3. @tpagon – Combination of 2D and 3D elements in one photo. Fun stuff!
4. @laurenpbath – Good landscape photographer
5. @wonderful_places – Great photos!
Think your Instagram feed is Super? Follow @inquirersuper on Instagram, tag us in your best photos and you might just be featured in our next Instagram Gallery.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.