Tippy (31) and Anthony Go (32), the husband-and-wife team behind Tipsy (@googlygooeys) and Ponggo (@ponggo_googlygooeys) of the Googly Gooeys. Tippy is a business development manager by day, and a cartoonist and graphic designer by night. Anthony is a businessman and photographer.
Instagram user since:
Tipsy: 86 weeks ago
Ponggo: March 2013
Why they took the plunge:
Tipsy: It looked like a fun & speedy way of playing with a lomo camera, so I signed up!
Ponggo: Tipsy forced me to. Haha!
Gadgets of choice:
Tipsy: iPhone 4 and Canon 7D
Ponggo: iPhone 4 and Canon 5D
What you’ll see on their feed:
Tipsy: A mix of comics, current commissions, travel photos and some let’s-pretend-I’m-a-prop-stylist personal projects.
Ponggo: A mix of our travels, food and whatever’s interesting.
Favorite Instagram subjects:
Tipsy: Stuff that I can play with and shoot—mostly colorful paper and stuff I can find around the house.
Ponggo: Outdoor scenery.
Tipsy: 1977 and Valencia were my go-to filters. When I finally got tired of it, I had an over-saturated Hefe phase.
Ponggo: No filter! I love the natural feel of things. I barely use one unless absolutely necessary, e.g. a badly-lit photo.
Favorite Instagram-related apps:
Tipsy: Luminance and iContrast. I’m grateful for PicStitch because I used to do the collages manually!
Ponggo: Snapseed to enhance photos.
Instagram video—yes or no?
Tipsy: I have only uploaded one video so far and I like the idea of it. I wish there was some sort of remote trigger to reduce the shaking. I’m not gifted with steady hands.
Ponggo: Yes! It makes it a bit more fun and challenging.
Instagram pet peeves?
Tipsy: Adulterated hashtags. Check out #food and #architecture where there are more photos of people than dishes and buildings—a true testament that this is, indeed, the selfie generation!
Ponggo: People who simply flip images to create a new entry or those who photograph the same thing x number of times and moving only a few steps to change the perspective. Also people who post pictures that they edited but the photos were from someone else!
Their five favorite Instagram users:
1. @oraclefoxblog – Healthy food and edgy fashion.
2. @amerrymishap – What life would look like in black and white—literally!
3. @luisabrimble – Hearty lunches and what looks like backyard finds. I wish I lived in her photos!
4. @garypeppergirl – I can’t seem to get enough of Nicole’s recent trips to Provence and Cinqueterre!
5. @teaandkate – Soft pastel colors + a generous amount of daylight!
1. @googlygooeys – I’ll get killed if I don’t put it here. Haha!
2. @cerebroxmini – Interesting cartoon art
3. @tpagon – Combination of 2D and 3D elements in one photo. Fun stuff!
4. @laurenpbath – Good landscape photographer
5. @wonderful_places – Great photos!
Think your Instagram feed is Super? Follow @inquirersuper on Instagram, tag us in your best photos and you might just be featured in our next Instagram Gallery.