MANILA, Philippines—“All Hail Britannia!” The famous line from the anime Code Geass will come into life as Naruto Cosplayers PH (NCPH) and Red Cloud Interactive officially launched the final countdown to the first ever live action role-play event with cosplay for a cause in the Philippines.
The initial launching was at Sci-Fi Café at Robinsons Galleria, Ortigas. The venue of the launch was very symbolic since Sci-Fi Café is the only restaurant of its kind in a country where you can enjoy being a toy collector, a cosplayer, and most importantly have a great and unique experience which is the same thing Fantasm wants to bring to every conger.
Fantasm will be on May 24-25 at Starland Theme Park, 4th Level, Starmall Alabang. Britannia from the anime Code Geass will be brought to life through cosplay, the castle setting and also mass participation as everyone will be issued a Britannian ID. You will be identified as Elevents, Honorary Britannian, Britannian or Britannian Royalty. Also, the event is becoming the biggest gathering of Otaku related organizations in the country with groups from Manila, Laguna, Cavite, Bulacan, Tarlac and Bicol joining in.
The event is FREE ADMISSION just bring one notebook and other school supplies like ballpen, pencil, etc. upon entering the venue. You will be given a designated Britannian ID afterwards.
If you want to be a Britannian Royalty all you have to do is avail a VIP KIT for P350. The pass comes with 2-day access to the event, 1-day access to either the pool with swimming or the rides, 1 free Mogu-Mogu drink, unlimited baggage, front seat reservation, free registration to one competition and a limited edition Britannian Royalty ID.
“We aim to bring a new kind of event. Although this is experimental we hope that everyone will have a unique experience and cosplayers will be treated as their characters,” says Lie Pagtalunan, President of NCPH.
Event highlights include:
- Cosplay Idol Season 2 Finals—the culmination of the search for the next cosplayer which has both the talent and the cosplay excellence (May 24).
- Otaku Choice Awards—the first ever awards for the community (May 24).
- Asia Music Festival Karaoke and Bandslam—a collection of singers and bands who will bring you Japanese songs as well as some local melodies (May 24-25).
- 1st Bolen Lareza Cosplay Competition—the very first separate competition for Chibi Cosplayers named after one of the best chibi cosplayer in the Philippines, Bolen Lareza. Judges for the event will also be her fellow chibi cosplayers and all of them are also impressive (May 24).
- Fantasm Cosplay Lives—the first cosplay competition which aims to recognize “realism” in their cosplay characters.m This competition will be judged by jurists who are focused on one criteria which include difficulty, realism, engagement and costume (May 25).
- Cosplay Checkers where you can see cosplayers used as checkers pieces playing on an 8×8 board (May 25).
- Guest and Special Performances. Catch the performances of bands like Ikuzo Iwa, Happy Ending, Hiyas, Strange Orange, School Milk for a Dime and Kung Fu Day. Also, capture Raindrop, V’s Project, Kryzia Camille Santiago, Seiza, Tarlac Asian Dancers and performers from Anime Cosplay Empire.
Hero TV will be having a free dubbers’ workshop for everyone on May 24 entitled, “HERO Dub It Out. The Filipino audience and fans will also for the first time know in person dubbers of their favorite Hero TV shows as they present them on stage with voice samples.
Fantasm will be a gathering of organizations as well, with an aim to unite the community under a cause of helping one another and the society. Among the partner organizations are Anime Corner Group Pilipinas, nime United Council, Aishiteru Anime, Anime Cosplay Empire, Antipolo Cosplayers, Anime Cosplay Colors PH, Anima Infinity, Extreme Generation Otaku Alliance, Heroes Are Us PH, Original Tarlac Cosplayers Unlimited, Otaku Zutto, Otaku Tayo, PATTS Otaku Alliance, Philippine Gaming Cosplayers, Subsonic Forge, and UP Manila-OMAKE.
Event partners include: Spin Manila Bus TV, Hero TV, Cherry Credits, Dragon Nest, Avatar Star, The Philippine Events. Mozilla Firefox, Rocx Tees, Great Toys Online, Cubizone Philippines, Age of Kung-Fu, Mogu-Mogu, O-MIse, Comics Sale Central, Wakfu, I Wear Contact Lenses, Para Kordon, Project Wangun, YJC, Adarna House, Glue N’ Stitch and Punk Sinatra.
Media partners include: SGCafe.com, INQUIRER.net, WhenInManila.cm, Otaku Asia Anime Magazine, GFC Magazine, Dee Jocson Photography, iCozplay Events Management, L5R Productions, The Great Events Plus, Bazaaristas Event Management, Deremoe, Anime PH, Cosplay and Anime Café, Anime Pilipinas, Reimaru Files, Otakista, GreekSilverHero Photography, Pitik Photography, Blue Pirates Production, Cosplay Network Philippines, Pinoy JMusic Media, Otakucosplayph.com, Ranneveryday ツ, That Hikikomori Guy, Ayaldev Creatives and The Products Blog.
For more information about Pinoy Otaku Festival 2014: FANTASM you can check on the following:
- Website: www.pof.narutocosplayers.com
- Facebook: www.fb.com/Pinoy.OtakuFest and www.fb.com/NarutoCosplayersPH
- Twitter: @narutocosplayer
- Official Hashtag: #Fantasm
To those who want to sponsor or have a booth, please contact the event team and look for Mr. David D’Angelo at 0909-624-1531 or 0906-769-7436.
About Naruto Cosplayers PH
Naruto Cosplayers PH (NCPH) is one of the largest cosplay and Japanese culture based organization in the Philippines with background in events organizing and cosplay for a cause/charity works. The organization was featured several times in mainstream media and new media for its various activities. The organization is founded on October 10, 2010 which is the birthday of the anime character Uzumaki Naruto.