Philippine Daily Inquirer / 04:15 AM June 29, 2014
Millions of videos are uploaded on YouTube every day—from baseball players in a car lip-synch to “Frozen’s” “Love is an Open Door,” to cats bullying dogs. A quick search on the site reveals a number of accounts catering to the same interests—from music to baking to makeup. So, how does one get a loyal following when almost everyone has something to offer to the public?
Sam Tsui and Kurt Hugo Schneider, who owe their success to YouTube, gave five tips on how to become successful on the video-sharing site.
1. Don’t give up. It’s hard for the very first video you put out to blow up. If it doesn’t, but you love what you’re doing, just keep doing it.
2. Be true to yourself. As cheesy as it may sound, it really is true that people respond to content that is genuine and represents you.
3. Upload consistently. Keep to a schedule and push yourself to get stuff out.
4. Never stop learning. You can constantly be a better version of yourself—whether it’s in video production, audio production, style or content. Never get complacent, and know that you always have a lot to learn.
5. Find your niche. There are a lot of people doing a ton of things on YouTube. You have to find what it is you truly love and what’s going to be your thing. Jovic Yee