The popular clothing company Lacoste was established in 1933 by a renowned French tennis star- Rene Lacoste. Launching off with a tennis shirt which would come to be known as one of its signature items; the brand has maintained its worldwide popularity. Lacoste has come to have an array of products over the past years from footwear to eyewear, perfumes to accessories and watches. In these varieties of products, Lacoste shoes retain a unique spot considering their reputation as a first choice brand for people looking to purchase sporty, comfortable, stylish yet simple and affordable footwear.
Lacoste footwear keeps its design simple. The brand uses leather or canvas materials for the top part of its shoes, crafting it into gorgeous silhouettes without excess add-ons or colors. This uniquely minimal design keeps Lacoste among the popular list of footwear buyers who look for basic stylish pieces that go well with most if not all of their favorite clothing. It is also a highly preferred choice for those who want footwear that can be worn to both formal and casual occasions.
The top rated and best of Lacoste footwear are put together in this guide for buyers; providing you with an exceptional selection of footwear that will satisfy your craving for loafers or sneakers or flats. Be rest assured that whichever choice you make out of the selection, you would be getting a shoe that is both classy and easy on the feet. To ensure that you are well informed to make your choice; we’ve listed out the pros, cons and features of each choice. So read through, choose your preference and get set to rock them at your next occasion.
1. Lacoste Marice
Striking, simple and classy are all rolled into one with this canvas loafers. With up to 12 color choices, you can select the ones that fit your style. Also, due to their minimal design, they can be worn to both formal and informal outings, dressed up or dressed down, or worn while running errands. Even though they are designed for resort type outings, they can also be worn during fall and spring seasons.
- Thick Sole
- Great Cushioning
- Great For Formal and Casual Occasions
- Fantastic Look and Character
- Relatively Expensive
- Not Built to Last
2. Lacoste Carnaby EVO
This timeless tennis shoe known specifically as The Carnaby EVO is on offer in an array of colors, prints and uppers. Its wide varieties make it the best choice for anyone searching for the perfect design to fit their individual style. They are also come in textured leather, pearled and perforated upper versions. The Carnaby EVO’s design is set off by its stitched white rubber outsole and round toe; making it equally perfect for being paired with jeans or a dress.
- Great Traction
- Heel Webbing
- Embossed Detailing
- High Quality Leather
- Look Great With Jeans
- Narrow Fit
3. Lacoste Marthe
Just like the Lacoste Marice, The Marthe is a ballet style flat that is perfect for both formal and informal wear. It’s comfortable and classy design will make it one of your favorite shoes for any outing. Crafted with quality canvas upper, this footwear allows for easy airflow; making it an optimum choice for those hot days of summer when you need your feet to breathe.
- Vulcanized Outsole
- Premium Canvas Upper
- Subtle Logo
- Low Cut
- Affordable Price
- Loose Around Heel
- Runs Large
4. Lacoste Rey
The Lacoste Ray is a tennis sneaker with a difference. Its supple and lightweight feature makes it the best footwear choice for summer. Its absence of heavy outsole design makes it perfect for long strolls and travel as well. It comes in a hook and loop closure as well as a lace up closure allowing you to tweak the sneakers to your perfect fit.
- High Quality Leather
- Polished Finish
- Comfortable Design
- Rounded Toe
- Padded Footed
- Runs Narrow
5. Lacoste Straightset
The Lacoste Straighset is the premium choice for those searching for simple yet chic footwear that can be worn with pair of jeans or dress pants or possibly a suit. Its simple white leather design was influenced by the traditional tennis shoes. Additionally, its quality leather upper ensures that it will last long while providing protection for your feet through all seasons.
- Tennis Inspired Design
- Leather Upper
- Piqué Engineered Collar
- Tonal Lining
- Molded Rubber Cupsole
- Ortholite Insole
- Runs Narrow
6. Lacoste Chaymon
If you need an easy to wear, easy-to-walk-in type of sneaker, then the Lacoste Chaymon is for you. This sport design inspired shoe comes in a number of colorways for both winter and summer style; making sure you stay fashionable no matter the season. With its rubber outsole and general lightweight, this sneaker is an absolute footwear necessity for anyone searching for quality and style.
- Warm Colors
- Fantastic Detailing
- Well Designed
- Matches With a Vast Majority of Clothing Options
- Great for Everyday Use
- Narrow Toe Box
- Unsuitable for Use In Rain
7. Lacoste Ampthill
The Lacoste Ampthill is crafted with soft leather upper which is durable and also offers great protection during winter. Influenced by the timeless chukka boot, this sneaker is made to fit an extensive range of outfits due to casual classy design. Apart from durability and style, The Lacoste Ampthill is also very comfy and you just might find yourself falling back on these sneakers for every outing.
- Well Cushioned and Supported
- Mesh Collar
- Great Design
- Smooth High Quality Leather
- Variety of Colorways
- Will Crease With Use
- Runs Narrow
There you have it, our top choices of Lacoste footwear, with plenty of information on the strong and weak points of each pair. If you’re after some classic sporty style that will work well for more than just casual occasions, then this is a brand that you should definitely consider for your next purchase. For even more information about what it is that separates Lacoste from other brands, make sure to read on.
As promised, we delivered our top Lacoste footwear selections complete with pros and cons to help you make an informed decision. If what you need is a stylish timeless shoe brand that offers footwear that suits informal and informal outings; then Lacoste is absolutely the brand for you. To learn more about what sets this brand apart, continue below.</
Criteria for Choosing the Best Lacoste Shoes
Lacoste has a reputation for creating sport-inspired fashionable footwear that can be worn to a number of situations from informal to semi-formal and even formal. Although they may not offer a wide range of varieties due to the fact that their attention is mostly aimed at making flats, sneakers and a number of sandals; they still produce footwear that are both comfy and stylish. Here are some of the easily accessible Lacoste varieties on the market:
- Bearing in mind that Lacoste was initially a tennis items company, it is not unusual to find that most footwear they make is of the athletic type. A blend of stylish silhouettes and timeless tennis shoe inspiration, the Lacoste sneakers go well with totally informal and formal outfits.
- Lacoste is a brand that can comfortably be said to be sporty yet sophisticated. For this reason, their Loafers are in high demand. These slip on, resort- style, moccasin modeled shoes are a great fit for numerous casual and formal outfits due to their blend of comfy style and workability. Most of them have features like a collapsible heel that allow for footwear adjustment in a range of settings.
- Created for beach /pool friendly use, Lacoste slides are very popular. This water-friendly footwear is made with artificial materials that suit beach or boat type outings. As a result of the brand’s focus on producing top notch resort ready footwear, these minimalist design slides are easy to pair and easy to wear yet practical.
When looking at the general look, feel and make of any shoe, the materials used are a major feature to take into account. Premium materials in tandem with top-notch stitching can completely change the look of a shoe. More so, the durability and timelessness of a pair of shoes can be ascertained from the type of materials used.
Lacoste shoes are generally crafted from the best materials to guarantee comfy classic style that are worth the price. Whether its flats, slip ons, sandals or sneakers you need, these are the materials used by Lacoste in their creation:
- Due to its lightweight, pleasant look and affordability, the canvas is a well-used material for production. It is made from a blend of fabrics which lends it its fine finish and lightweight quality.
- It also allows for airflow due to its low heat quality making it a prime choice for summer shoes. Using canvas for the uppers and linings ensures that moisture given off by your feet can dispel leaving you less hot and dry as well as healthier.
- This material is the most costly and sophisticated choice when it comes to making footwear. This is because it looks amazing and has a number of natural features that give it a spot among the best footwear materials. Leather made shoes adapt to your feet after some years of use giving you a tailor-made fit without discomfort or pain. The leather is also warm enough to protect your feet while allowing for airflow to stave off excess heat. Its thickness also offers safety for your feet and this is why it’s a popular choice of material in the production of sports gear. However, the problem with leather is in the amount of appropriate care it requires to maintain its durability.
- Most Lacoste footwear will utilize rubber at some point and a good number of the selected shoes on our list have rubber in their outsole. This is because rubber is stretchy, bendable and long lasting making it suitable for easy movement and guaranteed protection of the wearer’s feet. In addition, rubber is a great shock absorber allowing the wearer to comfortably put on the shoes for extensive periods.
Lacoste and Ortholite newly revealed their partnership announcing that every sports footwear made by Lacoste will now come with the renown Ortholite insole so as to give its wearers more padding as well as ease of wearing. This is big news for those who appreciate a top quality insole. Ortholite insole is also a well-preferred choice for a lot of sportswear makers such as Puma, Reebok, Nike, Adidas, New Balance, Timberland, Salomon and many others.
Taking into account that this is a totally new step for Lacoste, it is a godsend for those who want their preferred shoe brand to be both classy and comfy. Be it loafers or sneakers or athletic shoes, there is the guarantee of it having a high-quality insole.
Orthoilte insoles are composed of foam ingredients that provide support for your feet specifically in the arch region where they pad your feet and keep it from frictional bruises. They also support each step you take, soaking up the naturally generated impact shock and this aids in the protection of your entire foot, ankle, back, hips and heels. If ever, you have experienced muscle or joint ache after a long day spent walking or standing, it was likely because your shoes were not giving you the appropriate padding.
Most insole brands have lessened flexibility over time (known as packing) but Ortholite insoles are made in such a way that they stand the test of time. Their products maintain over 95% of their initial thickness and quality due to their bounce back after each wear feature.
Furthermore, Ortholite insoles allow for improved ventilation and escape of air offering you a cool dry pair of shoes. They are also less likely to have odor build up due to their effective evaporation quality and this is essential as it inhibits bacterial growth which could lead to athlete foot and other infections. The greatest feature about these insoles are their washability! This means they are easily kept clean than their counterparts.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How long will my shoes last?
A: Due to Lacoste’s main aim being style and comfort, it is very likely that the shoe durability rest in the hands of the wearer. This means how long they last depend on how good you take care of them.
Q: How do I clean my Lacoste footwear?
A: The cleaning method depends on the material of the footwear. However, it is suggested by Lacoste that the shoes should not be machine washed or hand wash to avoid ruining the dye. But if your shoes are made from leather, we have a step by step guide for you.
Q: How do I extend the lifetime of designer shoes like these?
A: This really all depends on how you treat your shoes as well as how often you clean them. Measures can also be taken to weatherproof your shoes by means of particular sprays as well as taking your shoes to a cobbler if anything major happens. This is largely dependent on how well you handle your shoes and how frequently you take care of them.