Three years since the launch of the streaming platform, Disney + is finally launching in the Philippines this coming November 17th.
The streaming service will house thousands of TV Shows, films, and documentaries from Disney’s iconic brands such as Star Wars, Star, National Geographic, Marvel, and Pixar.
“Through Disney+, we are opening new doors of entertainment to everyone with our heritage of unparalleled storytelling, creative excellence and cutting-edge content delivery. We are excited that consumers in the Philippines can soon connect with their beloved characters and brands and enjoy access to some of the world’s most original and iconic stories, told by the world’s most talented creators.” notes David Shin, Senior Vice President and Managing Director of Southeast Asia, Taiwan and Hong Kong.
There will be two tiers available, Mobile and Premium:
- A Mobile Plan for PHP159 monthly or PHP1,150 annually
- A Premium Plan for PHP369 monthly or PHP2,950 annually
Based on a report made by What’s on Disney+, the streaming service will launch a huge collection of content from across Disney’s studios, including:
- Disney+ Originals and exclusives like Marvel Studios’ WandaVision, She-Hulk: Attorney at Law, Moon Knight and Loki; Lucasfilm’s The Mandalorian, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Andor; Hocus Pocus 2 and the upcoming Willow and Disenchanted
- Korean content such as Big Mouth, Snowdrop, BTS: PERMISSION TO DANCE ON STAGE – LA, IN THE SOOP : Friendcation, Soundtrack #1 and Doctor Lawyer
- Blockbuster films from Marvel Studios including Avengers: Endgame, Avengers: Infinity War, Captain Marvel, Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, Black Panther, Thor: Love and Thunder, and the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special
- All 12 Star Wars movies including Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Star Wars: The Last Jedi and Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker
- Access to iconic Walt Disney Animation Studios’ movies including the Oscar-winning Encanto, the live action reimagining of Pinocchio, as well as animated classics including Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, Frozen, Mulan, Raya and the Last Dragon, The Lion King, Zootopia and more.
- Heartwarming and powerful storytelling from Disney and Pixar, including Lightyear, Turning Red, Soul, Luca, Coco, and more
- Documentaries and specials from National Geographic including Gordon Ramsay: Uncharted, Limitless with Chris Hemsworth, Running Wild with Bear Grylls, and more
- A specially curated Star content selection including Emmy Award winning series Grey’s Anatomy, Dopesick, NCIS and reality TV hits The Kardashians and more
- Other movies from franchises including the X-Men, Predator, Night at the Museum, Home Alone, and well-loved animated series like The Simpsons and Family Guy
- Premium live events and video-on-demand from World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE)
- The newest season of Emmy award-winning singing competition series, The Voice
Users can also sign up to stay updated on any news prior to their launch on November 17th through disneyplus.com and the Disney+ app.