From culinary gems to hip hangout spots, here a variety of urban amenities close to your doorstep
Nestled in the heart of a vibrant urban landscape, SMDC Glam Residences is a beacon of luxury and convenience. With a prime location in Triangle Park, Quezon City, it is strategically situated within a thriving cityscape, ensuring residents an unparalleled living experience. If you’re in search of the perfect place to call home, where exciting experiences and memorable moments are just steps away, look no further. Whether you’re seeking a gourmet meal, a night out on the town, or a tranquil place to unwind, you’ll find it all within minutes of your urban abode. Here are 6 must-visit spots around the neighborhood.
Dining AdventuresThe culinary scene in the country’s most populous city is a food lover’s paradise. From internationally inspired bites to local favorites, the area boasts an array of restaurants to cater to all tastes. Savor delicious meals crafted by talented chefs with an abundance of restaurants to choose from. Here are two of our area favorites:
1. La SpeziaTravel Time from SMDC Glam Residences: 5 min car ride, 10 min walk Tucked away in the streets of Kamuning, Quezon City lies La Spezia, an Italian restaurant that will transport you to the northern coast of Italy. With charming decorations that exude an unmistakable Italian charm, the ambiance stands to prepare you for the sumptuous meal ahead. While one might get excited and dig straight into a delicious bowl of freshly made pasta, their antipasti is worth the try. A crowd favorite is the ‘Burratta’, the crown jewel of fresh Italian cheeses, drizzled with olive oil and paired with charred corn, tomatoes, and basil—a testament to simplicity and quality, the perfect starter to any meal. For pasta, a must-try is the carbonara and might I add, the true Roman way. Comprising of the most fundamental ingredients: egg, guanciale, and Parmigiano Reggiano, this dish is a harmonious blend of silky sauce, smoky pork, and sharp cheese. And if you’re lucky enough to catch truffle season, adding an indulgent amount of freshly shaved white truffle will take the dish to the next level.
2. Deo GraciasTravel Time from SMDC Glam Residences: 4 min car ride, 8 min walk Only a couple blocks away from the Glam Residences exists a culinary gem; a captivating Spanish restaurant that offers an unforgettable dining experience with its modern interpretation of traditional regional dishes. Opened by Chef Heny Sison in collaboration with Spanish Chef Alex Del Hoyo Gomez, Deo Gracias is a QC home converted into a warm eclectic restaurant with an al fresco area perfect for a romantic date night or wine with the girls.
While the restaurant offers all manner of cheeses and cold cuts, nothing pairs perfectly with a glass of Sangria more than their selection of hot and cold tapas. Try their Gambas al Ajillo Y Gulas, which is a marriage of succulent shrimp and tender baby eels bathed in garlic-infused olive oil. The fragrant and savory dish is also paired with torta de aceite toasted to perfection to sop up the flavorful oil. And if you’re feeling a little more adventurous, the Carpaccio de Vaca will definitely impress with the rich flavors of the thinly sliced beef, morsels of mahón cheese, whole almonds, and truffle mustard dressing.View this post on Instagram
Local Cafes and Coffee ShopsTo start your day with a delicious cup of coffee, look no further than one of the neighborhood’s cozy cafes. No commercial blends and overly sweet drinks here (unless that’s what you’re craving), just the aroma of freshly brewed coffee and the comforting scent of luscious pastries.
3. Hilltop by Everyday Coffee RoastersTravel Time from SMDC Glam Residences: 15 min car ride Nestled in the corner of a quaint tree-lined street of Horseshoe Drive, Hilltop Cafe serves a tantalizing array of beverages and warm treats. From traditional coffee drinks like the well-loved ‘Spanish Latte’ to the more unconventional drink choice like the ‘Bubbly Matcha & Yuzu Fizz,’ coffee enthusiasts are sure to find something to their liking. They offer various high-quality beans sourced from various regions around the globe and roasted in small batches.
And of course, there’s a selection of pastries that’s impossible to resist. The “Mount Matutum’ is a buttery croissant with a delectable coffee ganache—a match made in coffee heaven for those looking for something sweet. And for those looking for something more filling, the ‘Tinapa + Homemade Sourdough’ is the perfect savory dish that is both smokey and creamy.View this post on Instagram
Galleries and StudiosJust a stone’s throw away from the property lies gems that enchant both art aficionados and creative souls alike—a captivating gallery and a pottery studio that exudes a sense of artistic wonder. Take a journey through the latest exhibitions, admire the works of local artists, and perhaps even find a unique piece to bring home and decorate your space
4. Gravity Art SpaceTravel Time from SMDC Glam Residences: 11 min care ride, 20 min walk Situated at the heart of Quezon City along Mother Ignacia Street is a place where creativity knows no bounds; a sanctuary for artists and art enthusiasts alike. Gravity Art Space or GAS for short, houses a six-space gallery and a speakeasy bar with a new restaurant in the works as well.
One of the defining features of GAS is its commitment to promoting diverse artistic voices. It proudly displays the works of emerging talents alongside established artists, offering a platform for fresh perspectives and unconventional ideas. However, the gallery is not just a space for passive observation; it’s a dynamic hub of creativity and learning. It hosts a calendar of events that includes screenings, interactive exhibitions, and themed parties.View this post on Instagram
5. Tahanan PotteryTravel Time from SMDC Glam Residences: 11 min car ride, 20 min walk Finding a space to reconnect with your inner artist can be challenging in a world of screens and schedules. One such haven of creativity is the pottery studio; a place where mud becomes art and the act of creation is therapeutic. Tahanan Pottery offers a space to take it slow and step away from the daily grind to explore your artistic side. The studio located in Scout Tobias offers all things pottery in one room. Whether you’re looking to learn to throw, searching for ceramic pieces, or searching for tools for personal use, they’ll most likely have what you need. The studio offers classes, from hand-building to pottery throwing, and even online workshops.
Bar & LoungesWhether you’re a cocktail connoisseur, a craft beer enthusiast, or simply looking for a cozy place to unwind, you’ll find a variety of fantastic bars in the area.
6. The Gold RoomTravel Time from SMDC Glam Residences: 8 min car ride, 15 min walk Found inside the main dining floor of Delgado 112, The Gold Room greets its guests with a warm, inviting atmosphere. The interior is tastefully adorned with rich, dark wood furnishings reclaimed from what used to be a traditional Filipino home. Ambient lighting also casts a soothing glow throughout the space as live jazz music graces the lounge.
Expert mixologists behind the bar offer signature cocktails that are as artistic as they are delicious. From classic favorites to creative house-made infusions, every sip is a journey of flavor. The ‘Sneaky Link’ is an irresistibly unique and refreshing drink that combines the crispness of green apple, the warmth of ginger, the tanginess of lemon, and the botanical elegance of gin. This vibrant drink is a harmonious fusion of flavors that will invigorate your senses. And of course, the bar itself is stocked with an impressive selection of spirits, wines, and craft beers for those who prefer something stronger.View this post on Instagram