Adamson University Museum inaugurated
The Adamson University Museum-Founder’s Wing has been inaugurated.
The Founder’s Wing is the section dedicated to the memory of George Lucas Adamson, the Greek chemist and educator who established the Adamson School of Industrial Chemistry and Engineering in 1932 in Manila which became Adamson University in 1941.
Adamson ran the university until 1967 when ownership and administration of the school was passed on to the Vincentian Fathers and Brothers of the Congregation of the Mission.
The Founder’s Wing is a collaborative effort between the family of Lucas George Adamson, the founder’s son, and the administration of Adamson University led by president Fr. Gregg L. Bañaga Jr., CM. The former donated the memorabilia of the late founder while the latter provided the space and continuing curatorship of the museum.
Contracted to do the planning, research and concept development, including the construction management, was the Ayala Museum curatorial team headed by Kenneth Esguerra.
The Founder’s Wing exhibits the memorabilia of Adamson from his brief sojourn in Australia to his retirement as president of Adamson University. Launched during the opening was the book about the founder written by Theresa June Adamson.
Work on the Vincentian Wing and other sections of the museum will be done next year.