For the rabid fan or plain curious alike, here are 10 reasons why the Manila concert of Barbados-born singer Rihanna, locally presented by Fibr and Smart on Sept. 19 at SM Mall of Asia, is worth checking out:
1. After an extensive North American and European tour, Rihanna is taking her Diamond World Tour to only Macau, Singapore and Manila.
2. A Rihanna concert is not just about music but also about fashion. She will wear several outfits designed by Riccardo Tisci for Givenchy; Raf Simons, a Belgian fashion designer and creative director at Christian Dior; and Adam Selman, her personal costume designer.
3. As of June 2013, Rihanna’s current tour takes the 11th spot in the Top 100 Worldwide Tours of Pollstar, with a gross of $50.1 million.
4. Rihanna’s latest single, “Right Now,” is a collaboration between her, David Guetta and Ester Dean, who also cowrote “Rude Boy,” “Where Have You Been,” “S&M” and other tracks for her.
5. Fresh from her MTV VMA (Video Music Award) appearance, Rihanna is the only female artist to win Video of the Year twice—for “Umbrella” featuring Jay-Z in 2007 and “We Found Love” featuring Calvin Harris last year.
6. She breaks more records by earning her 20th No. 1 song in the US Hot Dance Club chart, beating Janet Jackson who has 19.
7. She loves her fans dearly. When she ended her European leg last July, she wrote a farewell letter to them saying, “You are everything to me, truthfully!”
8. Her “Take A Bow” video has over 100 million views, while her “Diamonds” video has reached over 328 million views.
9. Subscribe to Fibr to automatically get a raffle entry to win Rihanna concert tickets. If already a Fibr subscriber, refer a friend and get a raffle entry. All applications and service orders must be made by 12 midnight on Sept. 16 to qualify. Visit www.pldthome.com for more info.
10. All Smart subscribers get a chance to win premium Lower Box A tickets to the concert. Visit www.smart.com.ph/music, download songs, and get a chance to win prizes. Promo period is until tomorrow.