THERE’S nothing more chic than wrapping your hair in a silk scarf for the summer! It’s an easy way to add a little glamor to your everyday wardrobe, transforming you into little Grace Kellys or Brigitte Bardots.
Forget about wearing it as a typical bandanna; here are three simple ways to wear the scarf as a hair accessory.
Here’s a nod to the `50s and to Amy Winehouse. The knotted bow scarf is an accent that adds a little “cute” factor to any day dress!
1. Fold the scarf into a triangle.
2. Roll it flat into a long rectangle.
3. Hold both ends together and tie it at the top of your head.
4. Tie both ends into a bow.
5. Secure the scarf with hairpins or clips.
Channel the luxurious feel of the Middle East with a classic turban. It’s the perfect way to shield your tresses from the harsh rays of the summer sun.
1. Fold a square-shaped scarf (use a big scarf to make it easier) into a triangle.
2. Put the tip of the triangle on your forehead and position the folded side at the base of your neck.
3. Grab both left and right ends of the scarf and tie it into a knot at the top of your head.
4. Using both ends which you knotted, pull them it back to the back of your head.
5. Double knot the two ends.
6. Tuck in the front tip and other loose ends into the turban.
Perfect for poolside glamour, keep your bangs off your face with a mini turban headband.
1. Fold the scarf into a long rectangle.
2. Place the scarf at the back of your head.
4. Twist the ends in the other direction and pull.
5. Tie both ends at the back of your head into a double knot .
6. Tuck in the ends to make a turban headband.
Where to stock up on scarves:
Landmark Department Store – One of my favorites stops for scarves! They have a variety of cotton, satin, and silk scarves at very affordable prices.
Forever 21 – For printed and brightly colored scarves.
Scarf Up (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scarf-Up/118273198252934) – Online shop for scarves that can easily dress up or dress down any summer outfit.
Ukay-ukay – If you’re on the look out for authentic vintage scarves. Be ready to scour the racks!