Miss World Philippines 2018 candidates officially lauched
The official candidates for the Miss World Philippines 2018 has been officially launched, their names listed in the pageant’s official website.
This batch has to contend with the mounting pressure and expectations from fans and critic alike following victory of three Filipinos in three pageants last year.
For this year, 40 lovely ladies from key cities and provinces – one of them from the United States and another from Canada – are vying to become the country’s representative to the next Miss World pageant.
The contenders for the Miss World Philippines title were presented at the Vestibule Bar at Resorts World.
They are as follows:
- Erika Larkins (Muntinlupa City)
- Jigg Kirsty (Cavite)
- Barmae Chua (Caloocan City)
- Vettina Alparce (Paranaque City)
- Kim De Guzman (Bataan)
- Danica Reynes (Angeles City)
- Angeline Mae Santos (Cavite)
- Pauline Deveraturda (Bulacan)
- Arienne Calingo (Pampanga)
- Paulina Labayo (Quezon City)
- Pearl Hung (Palawan)
- Neesha Murjani (Cebu)
- Mich Oliva (Quezon City)
- Monique Tuzon (Quezon City)
- Maisa Llanes (Taguig)
- Maureen Montagne (Taguig)
- Ma. Divine Veranga (Paranaque City)
- KJ Cudiamat (Antipolo)
- Jerelleen Rodriguez (Quezon City)
- Angelica Estrevillo (Iloilo City)
- Annalita Vizcarra (Cavite)
- Elaiza Alzona (Olongapo City)
- Marianne Marquez (Marikina City)
- Eiffel Rosalita (Bulacan)
- Crystal Velasco Freedman (Pacoima, U.S)
- Joemay Leo (Bengue)
- Katarina Rodriguez (Makati)
- Abbyjun Dizor (Velenzuela)
- MJ Boniao (Misamis Oriental)
- Rose Mary Murphy (Agusan Del Norte)
- Cleopatra Jones (Yucaipa, U.S.)
- Kylah Sanchez (Liloan)
- Alyssa Muhlach (Pasig)
- Denielle Magno (Pangasinan)
- Kimi-Lei Mugford (Ontario, Canada)
- Crissia Atienza (Batangas)
- Gianna Llanes (Quezon City)
- Katrina Acaylar (Cagayan de Oro)
- Chanel Morales (Makati City)
- Tammy Caballero (Mandaluyong)
Last year, the Philippines became a force to reckon with its victories in three pageants – Teresita Ssen Marquez in the Reina Hispanoamericana 2017, Sophia Senoron in the Miss Multinational 2017, and Cynthia Thomalla in the Miss Eco International 2018.
As against last year, selection for this year’s cut was actually easier according to Miss World Philippines general manager Bessie Besana.
He said there was an “overflowing number of applicants” which only proves that more and more Filipinas are encouraged to compete.
Only two-thirds of last year’s queens were present at the official launch.
Thomalla and Senoron gladly welcomed the new contenders for the Miss World Philippines pageant who would vie for six titles.
Marquez was not able to make it due to conflict in her schedule. She wished the girls luck, however, via Instagram and even reminisced about her stint last year by uploading a photo of her during the launch of the candidates for the preliminaries.
Miss World Philippines 2018 is set to happen on Oct. 7 at the Mall of Asia Arena. /atm
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.