When push comes to shove
Being a jewelry designer and a newspaper columnist isn’t always easy for Mel Cuevas, with production schedules, sourcing for materials, marketing wares, deadlines and more stress-inducing matters.
So, when push comes to shove, here are Mel’s reliable must-haves, with her own notes:
1. A black blazer. “Even though it’s hot these days, it’s still usually cold in the office, so I never leave the house without a cover-up of some sort. I usually have my tailored pieces made by my friend Joey Samson. I love his work and he gets my minimalist aesthetic.”
2. Cova Hive cuff in dipped rose gold. “This is my favorite piece from my line—I wear it every day with other jewelry I own.”
3. Loewe Amazona purse. “I like the simplicity of this bag’s design, plus it’s not too heavy to carry unlike other purses.”
4. Dior Capture Totale Dream Skin. “The folks at Dior sent me a bottle of this two-in-one skincare product and makeup primer to try. I stopped using primer, BB cream or foundation after I started using this one—it’s a great time-saver.”
5. Hana Shampoo. “I stumbled upon this brand at the supermarket and I’ve been using it for the past month. It has that light cherry blossom-like scent.”
6. Nars Multiple. “I’m a fan of this multipurpose product since it’s so easy to use—the South Beach shade works well on eyes, cheeks and lips, plus the bronze color is perfect for the summer season.”
7. Chanel polish. “This is so far the best nail polish brand for me; it dries easily. I like blue-red Lotus Rouge on my toes and pale pink Ballerina on my hands (so that chips won’t look so obvious).”
8. Epsom or Himalayan bath salts. “An oldie but goodie remedy to detox and relax tired muscles.”
9. CBeauty Universal Beauty Oil. “This can be used for the face, hair and body, but I also like to use the relaxing Chamomile variant as a massage oil.”
10. Happy Skin Shut up and Kiss Me Moisturizing Lippies. “I prefer using stain-like formulas like the fat, cute pencils from Happy Skin since they’re not drying on the lips. The price is reasonable as well.”
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.