Sto. Niño de Cebu welcomed in Manila with special Mass at San Agustin Church; Rosa Mystica Choir marks 50th year with CCP concertPurely Personal
By Josephine Darang
The Filipino’s devotion to the Sto. Niño or the Holy Child knows no bounds. Since Juan Camus, a Spanish soldier belonging to the troop of Miguel Adelantado de Legazpi, discovered the image on April 28, 1565 in a rundown house (where the Basilica de Sto. Niño now stands), the devotion has only grown and is still growing after 450 years.