Instead of hiding the eggs, show them off on your table. Transform boiled eggs into whimsical creatures that will elicit giggles and laughs at the table.
Here’s what you’ll need:
Pins with heads for the eyes
Small silk flowers for the hat/hair
Moss for hair and nest
Small piece of grosgrain ribbon
Pin fastener for the beak
Colored recycled paper
Thin tipped marker
Egg cup or anything that will hold the egg upright
Kid’s clay, optional
2. To decorate the base, as shown, fill the cup with moss. Spread white glue and place the egg gently on top and wait till it sets.
3. Start by marking the position of the eyes and mouth. Press in pins for the eyes and the pin fastener for the beak.
4. Draw a pattern for wings and ears on recycled paper and cut them out. Glue sides for ears or on top of egg, as shown in second photo.
5. For hair or hat options, place a small amount of white glue on the top of the egg and position silk flowers on top
6. Cut a small piece of grosgrain ribbon to fit around the bottom of the egg, giving it a more finished look.