School psychologist Albert Go identifies five possible signs of Internet addiction, as well as five ways to cope with it :
1. Postponing more urgent tasks just to surf the Internet
2. Staying in front of the computer for long hours, skipping meals and bedtime
3. Visiting a lot of forum sites
4. Missing out on social gatherings to stay online
5. Suffering from poor vision
Ways to Cope
1. Learn to appreciate the outdoors.
2. Make priorities and plans away from the computer.
3. Embrace personal interaction.
4. Realize that what the Internet provides is mainly just a virtual, not a real, world.
5. Seek professional help.