Your chosen home and lifestyle plays a significant role in your child’s early development. But not only is your home’s location telling of future improvements and safety in your family but more importantly, your home’s overall safety factor.
Especially for expectant parents or folks taking care of small kids. It is of utmost importance to consider baby-proofing your home. This means a careful inspection of all the walls and corners of the home for the safety of its occupants, big and small.
Here are some of the tips that can help you prepare your home for a baby:
- Start early. It may be odd, especially when your newborn won’t be able to go far from his crib for a few more months or so. However, it is never wrong to start thinking about safety now. And as they say, planning (or pre-planning) is key to success!
- Cover electrical sockets and outlets. Babies love to touch lots of things, and wires are their favorite! Let us keep them away from potential dangers by using outlet covers to hide the holes from plain sight. As much as possible too, place every extension wire and gadget on higher ground, or out of children’s reach.
- Pay extra attention to anything that opens and closes. The doors, the refrigerator, even the toilet cover may pose the threat of having your child’s tiny arms and toes getting caught. Spare them from any unnecessary cries by preventing the sudden bang of household fixtures. Install springs or doorstoppers, which are easily available at local stores for your extra precaution.
- Don’t let them slip! Install a slip-proof kids’ mat in one area of the house, which could also double as your child’s safe playpen. Through this, you’ll be assured that your child will not wander around other vulnerable areas.
- Secure the walls! This includes any pieces of furniture that may stand against any wall of the house. It is not enough that bookcases, TV sets or even cabinets are just standing without security. Buy bolts and screws to make sure that these will remain locked to the wall, and standing all through the years!
Real estate developer Empire East welcomes start-up families into its roster of available residential developments in Metro Manila. Homes like The Rochester along Elisco Road in Pasig City offers suites and amenities that everyone in the family would surely love. Its spacious units are also easy to baby-proof. Amenities like pools and playground also offer the kind of recreation that growing up kids will need.
For inquiries, call Empire East at 02-8103333, or text 0917-8- EMPIRE (367473). You may also follow @empireeast on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram or visit www.empire-east.com.