It’s a one-stop shop for the latest food offerings in the metro.
Friends Patty Pineda, Isa Cruz and Lou Albano exchanged delicious food finds for years and decided to make their pastime a business. The Seven Pantry is a platform that gathers a wide variety of pantry staples and food products from locally sourced businesses for an easy, reliable, safe and convenient shopping experience.
The ladies take pride in championing independent Filipino food businesses. Their mission is to help simplify your daily choices by curating kitchen essentials and food products from little-known home-based cooks turned entrepreneurs.
This holiday season, The Seven Pantry highlights 11 treats of Christmas.
1. Cerveza Negra Pork Belly Ham. The Cerveza Negra ham was created in 2011. It is made special by the manner in which the pork belly is cured for weeks in black beer and smoked in mango leaves. The ham is tender and rounded in flavor. It is neither too salty nor too sweet. It comes with Truffle Fig Sauce and Green Mango-Wansoy Relish.
To heighten the Cerveza Negra Ham experience are the Cerveza Negra Ham Butter and Cerveza Negra Pork Belly Ham Jam. The art of eating it is by first spreading the butter and, over it, the jam on your choice of melba or black sesame cashew toast that also comes with it.
(@mielleph on Instagram)
2. Vegan Delights by Yogi Brunch. Yogi Brunch was born out of the creator’s love for yoga and brunch. After yoga practice, it became tradition to gather with friends and that get-together became known as Yogi Brunch. The participants being mostly vegan enjoyed dips as appetizer. Yogi brunch is conscious organic, vegan and gluten-
free. No processed sugar is added to their creations.
I sampled their Chana Hummus, Two Mushrooms and Cilantro Salsa with banana chips, and it was good. There are many more spreads to choose from.
(@yogibrunchph on Instagram)
3. Benedicto’s Kitchen 10-12 hour slow-roasted beef with special BK sauce. The creator of Benedicto Kitchen’s Roast Beef challenged the notion that roast beef had to be served with gravy to be tasty. It took time for its maker, a self-taught cook, to develop a product that satisfied family and friends.
The Roast Beef Package comes with Nieta’s Calamansi Marmalade with Mint and Gin, and Twelve Loaves Milk Buns
(@benedictokitchen.ph, @nieta_ph, @twelveloavestlc on Instagram)
4. Wagyu Wellington. Gourmet Friday takes pride in their creation. The Wagyu Wellington is a coming together of perfect medium-rare Wagyu tenderloin with a marbling score of nine, mushroom duxelles, Parma ham, puff pastry with the perfect lattice and served with port wine reduction. Only the finest ingredients and the proper technique goes into every Wellington. The recipe that the makers first wanted to try is now their masterpiece. (@gourmetfriday.mnl on Instagram)
5. Starters Set. Wish to entertain or have a glass of wine with friends and family without having to prepare anything, Message The Seven Pantry and request the Starters Set that consists of classic Spanish croquetas in classic chorizo, jamon, Spanish chicken, shrimp and garlic, mixed mushroom, cheese; Cheese Sticks with Tomato Salsa from 22X; and Truffle Honey by Juan Eats and Drinks. (@solokitchenphil; @homemadeby22x; @juaneatsanddrinks on Instagram)
6. Roast Chicken Stuffed with Paella Rice and Chorizo. It’s the coming together of two all-time favorites, a meal in one from Tableworth. (@Tableworth_ph on Instagram)
7. 50 Shades of Dough Empanada (Honey Ham Brie and Fig). Empanadas have been a longtime favorite of its baker who lived in the United States and was in constant search for a real flaky, buttery fried chicken empanada. Frequent travels, being Filipino and kitchen experiments led to the creation of the unique 50 Shades of Dough Empanada. The three variants (Chicken, Ham, Brie with Fig) and a Mushroom with Goat Cheese and Truffle Honey that could once only be enjoyed in the Bay Area are now available at 50 Shades of Dough and The Seven Pantry. (@50shadesofdough on Instagram)
8. Agustini’s Gianduja Cake. Velvety rich gianduja (chocolate hazelnut spread) sandwiched between dark chocolate and shortbread, and crowned with roasted hazelnuts beckons a celebration. This creation is divine for hazelnut lovers. (@agustinishomemade)
9. Calamansi Pie. A local rendition of the famed key lime and the intense Dark Chocolate Ganache Cake by The Pastry Company bring variety to any holiday feast. (@thepastrycompany on Instagram)
10. Hot Chocolate and Ensaymada by Sweet Bella. Another variation of the classic Christmas combo, Sweet Bella’s is refined and rich. The chocolate is decadent; a must-try.
(@sweetbelladesserts on Instagram)
11. Sustainable gifting. The beautiful, signature Pandan Banig Bags by Island Girl made by local communities in Cebu are filled with assorted themed goodies. Choose from So Pinoy Almusal Set, Sawsawan Set, Panluto at Panlasa Set and Tsokolate-Eh! There’s a gift basket for every one and for every budget. They can customize a gift bag, just for you. (@islandgirlph,
@thesevenpantry on Instagram) INQ
Follow @iamreggieaspiras on Facebook and Instagram; reggieaspiras.com
Get the latest lifestyle news delivered to your inbox